Recruitment – Production Manager
We are currently recruiting for the following position-Production Manager
Highway Safety Developments Ltd is quality certified manufacturing and services company. CE certified road signs and structures manufacturer, with ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 certification. Based in Knocktopher, Co. Kilkenny, we require a Production manager reporting to and working closely with the senior management team. The business is a fast moving one with customer lead-times and delivery expectations at the forefront of what we do.
The role is a new one in a very exciting time in our on-going development as a company. The responsible person will require high levels of organisation and the ability to develop a systems-based approach to how we organise and manage our Production across a range of different departments.
The role includes:
- Acting as a conduit between Sales and the Production facility in terms of overall control
- Planning and organising production scheduling.
- Manage all activities of large multiple varied manufacturing teams
- Responsible for achieving company objectives related to safety, quality, cost, delivery, and productivity.
- Manage and continuously improve policies, procedures, programs, and operational activities.
- Motivate, train and direct employees.
- Manage the internal resource requirements to match Sales
- Drive and implement several Key Performance Indicators directly related to the Company Monthly targets and to manage these at a weekly/daily level for manufacturing
- Target and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement driven by Lean principles
- Drive an adherence to Standard Work in our processes, whilst maintaining quality.
Suitable candidate skillset:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Production Management role, in a busy manufacturing environment
- Must have strong reporting systems experience & PC based skills, previous experience with an MRP system would be beneficial
- Must be energetic and open to a constantly changing manufacturing and technological environment
- A good understanding of Lean/Process Improvement methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and flexible approach
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Highway Safety Developments Ltd,